Technical Product Bulletin
FIBER OPTIC ASSEMBLY EPOXY ADHESIVE
AA-BOND F112 is an impact resistant, fiber-optic adhesive.
AA-BOND F112 is two-part, low viscosity epoxy has the distinct advantage of remaining below 3000 cps for a minimum of 40 minutes.
AA-BOND F112 allows more connectors to be produced from one mix. Low stress, AA-BOND F112 is an excellent choice for multimode connectors and single mode connectors where excessive curing temperatures may cause cracking.
AA-BOND F112 can be cured at room temperature overnight or as fast as 15 minutes at 90°C. The Clear color facilitates easy polishing. This product is a 100% solid system that can be used for small potting and sealing applications where resistance to thermal shock and impact are required.
For safe handling information on this product, consult the
Safety Data Sheet, (SDS).
HOW TO USE:
1. Carefully clean and dry all surfaces to be bonded.
2. Apply AA-BOND F112 completely mixed adhesive to the prepared surfaces, and gently press these surfaces together. Contact pressure is adequate for strong, reliable bonds; however, maintain contact until adhesive is completely cured.
3. Some separation of components is common during shipping and storage. For this reason, it is recommended that the contents of the shipping container be thoroughly mixed prior to use.
4. Some ingredients in this formulation provided may crystallize when subjected to low temperature storage. A gentle warming cycle of 52°C for 30 minutes prior to mixing components may be necessary. Crystallized epoxy components do not react as well as liquid components and should be re-dissolved prior to use for best results.
5. Allow the product to cure according to the cure schedule.
This epoxy can be supplied in many different packages.