RIGID EPOXY STAKING COMPOUND RT CURE
AA-BOND 2104 is a thixotropic epoxy system recommended for critical electronics, aerospace and industrial bonding, laminating and reinforcing applications requiring an adhesive with high-fill, non-sag characteristics.
AA-BOND 2104 solvent-free adhesive is easily mixed and used for staking components to printed circuit boards for enhanced mechanical rigidity, and for bonding, laminating and repair applications involving metals, glass, ceramics, wood and many plastics.
AA-BOND 2104 hardens to a tough, enamel-like coating offering good chemical resistance as well as superior physical and mechanical properties.
AA-BOND 2104 provides good electrical insulation and resistance to weather, galvanic action, petroleum products and lubricants, alcohol, salts, mild acids and alkalis, and other organic and inorganic compounds.
|Cure Type||Room temperature or Heat cure|
|Benefits||Great for Aerospace applications |
Great for reinforcing applications
Bonds to many substrates
|Mix Ratio by weight||100:22 / Resin:Hardener|
|Substrates||metals, glass, ceramics, wood and many plastics|
|Operating Temperature||-60 to 125 °C|
|Typical Application(s)||PCB components, aerospace, anything where superior properties are required|
|Specific Gravity, mixed||1.19 g/cc|
|Pot Life||30 minutes|
|4 hours||@ 65°C|
|24 hours||@ 25°C|
|Hardness, Shore D||88|
|Dielectric Constant||4.6 @ Frequency 1000 Hz|
|Dielectric Strength||16.1 kV/mm|
|Volume of resistivity||6.00e+13 ohm-cm |
1.00e+10 ohm-cm @ Temperature 100 °C
For safe handling information on this product, consult the Material Safety Data Sheet, (MSDS).
HOW TO USE:
1) Carefully clean and dry all surfaces to be bonded.
2) Apply AA-BOND 2104 mixed adhesive to the prepared surfaces, and gently press these surfaces together. Contact pressure is adequate for strong, reliable bonds; however, maintain contact until adhesive is completely cured.
3) Some separation of components is common during shipping and storage. For this reason, it is recommended that the contents of the shipping container be thoroughly mixed prior to use.
4) Some ingredients in this formulation provided may crystallize when subjected to low temperature storage.
5) A gentle warming cycle of 52°C for 30 minutes prior to mixing components may be necessary. Crystallized epoxy components do not react as well as liquid components and should be re-dissolved prior to use for best results.
This epoxy can be supplied in various different packages.